Thursday, January 28, 2010

A joyful simpleton!

1.How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
17 or 18 without make up :)



2.Which is worse, failing or never trying?
Honestly, I used to think failing, but now having some more experiences in life I'd say never trying.



3.If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
I think that sometimes we hesitate in order to either do what needs to be done or do what others want instead of what we truly want.


4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
I surely hope so.

5.What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
I wish that people in general would accept each other more. No one is alike, everyone is different but we are all human beings. Just because we are a different race, sex, religion; does not mean that people need to be singled out or treated worse than someone.


6.If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
Being a mom to my wonderful children and a wife to my amazing husband.


7.Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?

I am doing what I believe in, definitely.

8.If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
I wouldn't worry about money so much or about tedious little things in life. I'd definitely see more places, experience as many cultures as I could.


9.To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
I have controlled the course my life has taken for a long time. I just would stray off course every so often.

10.Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
Doing things right. Because what's right in my mind is probably different to others.

11.You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
Ask them not to speak about her like that. Explain that she is my friend and that I would prefer not to hear things like that about her.


12.If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
Treat people how you want to be treated, no matter how someone else treats you.



13.Would you break the law to save a loved one?
Yes, I definitely would.



14.Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
Yes, I have.


15.What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
I can't honestly answer that. Because everyone is so different. No one does things the same.



16.How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?
Like my question above. Everyone is different, with different wants, needs, likes, dislikes, etc.


17.What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?
Travel the world. Well one, I don't have a passport and it's kinda expensive to travel with a family of 4 :D



18.Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
Yes. But I don't know if I'm there yet. Soon, I think.


19.If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
State? North Carolina of Virginia. Simply because I love those states. Country? Ireland no doubt. To see where my ancestors are from.



20.Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
Sometimes. But no, unfortunately it doesn't make it go faster.



21.Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
A joyful simpleton!


22.Why are you, you?
Because no one else could handle being me... haha jk. The past experiences I have been through have made me me. My mistakes have made me the person I am today because I learned from them.



23.Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
I wasn't for a while. I wasn't in a place where I could be a good friend, let alone good person. But I have reevaluated my life and I am back on track. Now I'd like to think that I have been as good of a friend as I possibly can be.



24.Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
Losing touch definitely. You can still keep in contact with a friend who moves away.


25.What are you most grateful for?
Hmm... All the wonderful people I am blessed to have in my life, children, husband, family and friends.



26.Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
As hard as it would be, I'd rather lose my old memories in order to be able to make new ones.


27.Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
Of course.


28.Has your greatest fear ever come true?
One of them has.



29.Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?
Yes I do. And no it doesn't.



30.What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?
Christmas with my whole family. Everyone was always so happy and we were all together.


31.At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? If not now, then when?

When I got my life back on track and decided to let go of my past and my anger/hurt.



32.If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
I have achieved it.



33.Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?
With my husband. Yes.



34.Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
Just because there are numerous religions that support love doesn't mean that they have other things in common. A lot of people can't agree to disagree. The differences in all the religions create tension and people trying to prove why their religion is best, etc etc.


35.Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
Absolutely.



36.If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
Nope! I love my job!


37.Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
Work that I enjoy doing, please!



38.Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
Not at all. Everyday has something different to offer.



39.When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
A couple months ago.



40.If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
I'd want my family and friends with me. But I would want my children and my husband.



41.Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
Nope. I'm good, thanks.



42.What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
Appreciating everyday, not taking things for granted. Making sure that people know that you love them.



43.When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
Why can't you just go ahead and do what you know is right everyday?



44.If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
I'm sure the pain that often comes with making mistakes is a reason. And the time that it takes to actually learn a lesson from the mistake.



45.What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
I'm not sure.



46.When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
If my nose is stuffy before bed. I can't hear the sound of my breathing.



47.What do you love?
I love my kids. I love my husband. My parents and siblings, my extended family, all of my friends. I love life.



48.Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
Yes.



49.In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that?
Quite possibly. I have a very good memory. And if I keep up with this blog like I intend to do, then definitely.



50.Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
I make decisions for myself, but I do try to take others opinions into account when I make them.

1 readers thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Love it. :)