Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Helpless


I was having a great day. The kids and I went to the park with Mikayla and Addy. We all had a blast. Came home and did some PR stuff, got my package in the mail, cleaned and did laundry. Then I got a phone call from my mom. She told me that my grandma has breast cancer and has had it for the last year and a half. She hid it from the family and has also refused treatment. The cancer is apparently in the majority of her chest and she wound up at her oncologist last week and was told she had to have surgery because she has a severe infection. She will be having her breast removed and they will try to get as much of the infection out as they can. I feel so helpless right now. I'm over 1000 miles away from my family. She goes in for the surgery tomorrow.

1 readers thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, my prayers are with your Grandma and your family. My Gramma had surgery a year and half ago to remove half of one of her lungs. She had cancer, but luckily they caught it early. I know how much you wish you could be home with your family right now and my heart aches for you. I hope you are able to find as much peace and positivity as possible during this time.