Friday, March 19, 2010

Update :-)

Well D-day is coming up faster than I thought possible. It feels like the other day we where told what ship the det was deploying with. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. I'm really sad that he's going to be leaving, but excited for him to see all the places he's going to get to see. The kids and I are going to New York for a bit and I am super excited about that! I can't wait to see my family, Ryan's family and my friends from home. Hopefully I will have a chance of seeing my "brother" Bob. I haven't seen him in YEARS. He's in the army and left for boot camp the same summer that Ryan left. 

Bob is probably one of my closest friends I have, we have been friends for years. He's one of the only people who can just tell what kind of mood I'm in without me saying anything. And he does ANYTHING, literally, to make me in a better mood. One time he jumped in a 10+ foot snow bank just so we would laugh. He's crazy but that's who he is. I've missed him and all my other friends and I am really grateful that I will have a chance to see them soon. 
I'm going to miss my amazing girls here in Florida. It figures that right before I leave for a little while, I get super close with some AMAZING girls. I have rekindled a friendship with Whitney, which makes me really happy. I have gotten really close with some amazing girls! I am truly very lucky to have found such great friends!! The girls I am friends with are amazing. I honestly don't know what I would do without them. They help through the bad times and we enjoy the good times together. 

Since I went home last, a lot has happened here. A lot of bad things. Miserable people always try to bring others down. And I won't lie, there was a time where I almost got to their level. But I rose above because regardless of what they did, who they called and lied to, I knew and the people I care about knew the truth. And that's all that matters at the end of the day. I've held my head high through everything I have been tested against and have risen above and matured as a person, wife, mother, friend. Experiencing the stuff that I have been through has made me realize that it doesn't matter what people think or say about you. Especially when they lie. I don't have any problem telling the truth about anything that has happened in my life. Or anything that others have tried to do to me. I am confident enough in myself that I don't have to lie to people or hide things. The people who have a problem with it don't exist to me. When I get to New York I am going to be changing my cell phone number and only giving it out to the people that I trust. Have gotten too many text messages from people trying to start shit.


With the upcoming deployment, I am really confident that hubby and I are going to to be just fine. We have grown so much as people and as a couple. We will always have out problems, but we have definitely learned that we need to keep open lines of communication. We know that not being able to see each other for such a long time will be a test, but we have gotten through sooooo much already that I know we will be fine. 
Kaley is starting a pre-school program 3 days a week when we get up to New York. And I am going to be signing her up for dance/gymnastics classes. I can't wait to see how the next few months turn out. When I get back to Florida, we will be living out in town and we can't wait! I haven't even left Florida yet and am super excited to come back down to be with my girls again!!



0 readers thoughts: