Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Good Friends are Hard to Come by.


Tonight I had an amazing talk with a great friend. Talking with her just reinforced a lot of the things that I have been working on with myself and the way my thought process is now. She helped me see that regardless of the mistakes I have made in my life, that I deserve to be happy. My past mistakes do not define me as a person, they help me make better decisions, better judgments. 

In the past, I have made very bad decisions when it has come to people that I have let close to me and that I have attempted to trust. I overlooked the bad qualities that should have made me run the other way, with some of the good qualities that people had. I didn't listen to my instincts and every time, I just got screwed over. Granted, every time I would learn something new about people and about myself. It took a while for me to get it into my head that I do not want this type of person in my life.


My friend and I were discussing friendships ending. She had said that she doesn't even get into arguments, that she just stops talking with the person if the friendship is over and leaves it at that. Since the ending of a few friendships late last year, the friends that I have and I have not had any fights or arguments. At times I'm sure there have been some problems that have needed to be worked out, not every relationship can stay calm forever, but there has not been any major problems. Which makes me fully believe 150% that I have made the right decisions with the people that are in my life. I have a good trust and respect for my friends and we all seem to be in the same place, wanting the same results in the friendship. Not wanting drama or liars involved with any of us. It's truly an amazing feeling, knowing that I don't have to worry about what crazy person is going to start shit. Knowing that my friends don't get off on hurting each other. 


It also adds so much positivity into my life and gets rid of some left over negative feelings. It just feels like everyday my life keeps getting better. Knowing that I am in the right direction, making good decisions and surrounding myself by good, positive people.

2 readers thoughts:

Brooketini! said...

It was soooooo nice just hanging out and talking. I loved it. :) we just talked and talked and the time just flew. We'll have to do the same this weekend. I'm probably going to get a pass to come over and help pack and clean. lol. Friday... it's on. :) I got you at OC. <3 you and I'm so glad we're getting so much closer. ya kinda rock lol

staceymichelle99 said...

Hey girl, reading you blog makes me realize how much we really were hurting each other even though I think neither of us truly wanted that. So, I'm sorry for everything once again! :)