Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Random thoughts.

My daughter is in kindergarten this year, which starts a long next few years with school, activities, new friends, new things in general. But coming along with all the positive things that school can and should hold for each and every child is a lot of negative things too. Kaley hasn't been in school too long here, maybe a month since we've been back in Florida and there has already been a few incidents that I'm not so impressed by. Kaley has always had a little issue with listening, she's always been over active but she has mellowed out so much in the last year and a half. She gets bored easily and is really smart. I'm not a person that will sit by and listen to someone criticize my child and not do anything about it. I have a feeling that it's going to be a long, stressful road in the future with schooling but I refuse to allow her to deal with the same things I dealt with growing up in school. 


I think is way past time that these schools do something about bullying. Not just for the victim but for the bully. There is obviously some term oil going on in their life or home that should be addressed to try to help each bully. Whether they're just doing it for fun or not, obviously there is something wrong with people; adults and children, having a good time tearing someone else apart until the snap or truly believe the horrid things that are being said. The victims need an outlet where they can get everything that is happening to them off their chest without feeling like they are being judged, they did something wrong or caused this. These are our children that are going through this, the hearts that walk outside of our bodies. Unless this stops we will see more horrible things happening to our children unless we finally step up and do something to stop this. 


If my kids ever have to go through some of the things that I went through or worse, I will seriously stop at nothing to make sure that my child(ren) are safe and that the bad things happening to them will end. I don't know why so many people turn a blind eye to how bad some situations are until its too late. Why don't teachers do anything to prevent this? I know a child who has been BLAMED for his bullying because he's "different". The teacher allowed his bullies to get together with him and tell him what they don't like about him. How is that supposed to help anything? All it does is reassure the bully(bullies) that they can keep getting away with it. How can we be ok with allowing such things to happen? Since when is it the victims fault? Next are people going to start saying that a woman being raped is her fault cause she wore a skirt? (BTW, I know rape's occur because the rapist has a need for control.)


I recently have watched a lot of shows like Ellen and Dr Phil talking about bullying and it's effects on the victims. It makes me so sad that every day, an ungodly number of children face this every single day. My heart goes out to each and every one of them. 

0 readers thoughts: